Digital Television Russia is a multiscreen media company that focuses on kids’ entertainment regionally and globally. In just two years DTR has become the leader in the kids’ media market in Russia and owns over 10 original IPs that are distributed online and offline. DTR has a wide range of products and services including thematic TV channels — 19 channels of different genres: entertainment, educational, children’s, drama and documentary channels, a branded OTT platform, mobile apps and games, YouTube channels, VR, theatrical distribution, toy stores and festivals.
Digital Television Russia company was established in 2014 as a joint venture of Russian Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (VGTRK) and Rostelecom, the key telecom operator in Russia. The head office is located in Moscow.
This year at MIPJunior and MIPCOM markets DTR presented the catalogue of 12 animated shows. Each show has its own storyline, characters and animation technology.
- Be-be-bears take kids to the world of amazing discoveries, beautiful nature and true friendship.
- Fantasy Patrol series presents the incredible and exciting adventures of four young girls.
- Siberian Tiger Tig and Amur Leopard Leo. Two little friends explore the amazing environment of the Far East and learning new things about the word around. It is important to note that the production of Leo & Tig is supported by Amur Tiger Center.
- Woodventures is centered on a wooden town where the main characters face all kinds of challenges, play, sing, deal with problems and learn such important subjects for kids.
- Magic Lantern. It centers on Kate and her brother Micky who bring you back the magic of childhood and show stories from classic literature on the slide strip.
- Other animated shows such as Cutie Cubies, Heroes of Envell, Paper Tales, Cathy Quest, Rolando Locomotov and F.A.S.T were also in the catalogue.
Diversity makes these animated projects stand out in the competitive field of the content market. DTR has a wide portfolio of original content that would be interesting not only for kids of basically any age but also for parents. All projects are very educational, captivating, funny and with lots of music and songs. The company understands how important it is to create safe high-quality content for kids, therefore, consult with psychologists at script and pre-production stages and communicate with creators and experts during production.
"Parovoz" Studio, the largest animation studio in Russia and a part of DTR Group, is engaged in a full animation cycle aimed at producing movies and motion pictures of VFX and TVads creation. The animated shows have been produced in 2D, 3D, 3D CGI animation technology. As for the target audience, the company produces shows for kids, 2-14.
DTR produces all projects in-house but constantly looks for co-production partners. Regarding the passed MIPCOM, the main focus was on distribution.
The main idea for 2019-2020 is to attract, maintain and grow the audience. Russian animators are well aware of that so they keep an eye on new trends in media production and consumption and constantly look for new opportunities both locally and globally.